Health & Safety Commitment
General Marine Oil Services Limited is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for all our people, vendors and visitors, and to provide the information, training, and supervision needed to achieve this.
GMO Services Limited will take responsibility for the development and continuous improvement of her health and safety procedures. However, our employees, our vendors, and our visitors need to be aware of their responsibilities and comply with where it applies to their operational activities.
Our Health and Safety program is committed to;
- The Provision of adequate resources, systems and training to communicate to employees, vendors, visitors and the public on matters of health and safety.
- An environmentally friendly operation and a careful control and the disposal of waste and used items.
- Ensuring that the facilities we operate and the services we provide are in accordance with appropriate legal requirements, industry standard and best practices.
- Providing our people with a working environment that is safe, healthy and secured.
- The implementation of a drug and alcohol policy that will make our people and working environment totally free of incidents and accidents.
Each employee is encouraged to play a vital role in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace through;
- Being involved in the workplace health and safety system.
- Sticking to correct procedures and equipment.
- Wearing protective clothing and equipment as and when required.
- Ensuring all accidents and incidents are reported. As well as reporting any pain or discomfort as soon as possible
- Helping new employees, trainees and visitors to the workplace understand the right safety procedures and why they exist.
- Keeping the work place tidy to minimize the risk of any trips and falls.